Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Are you supporting your troops?

I went to Victor J. Stenger’s presentation at the Route 66 Hotel on June 5, and received a signed copy of "God: The failed hypothesis." Not many people showed up because most of the flyers were torn down the same day they were posted.

Why would someone feel the need to tear down those flyers? Certainly if one had faith in one's own religion, one would not be intimidated by them.

If one respected the U.S. Constitution one would leave those flyers alone. Those flyers were posted legitimately on public bulletin boards.

As a veteran of the military, I am deeply saddened that someone would violate the constitutional rights of others in my own country. Tearing down flyers because you find them offensive is no lesser an offense than spitting on the graves of those who died fighting for your liberty and your right to free speech.

2 comments:

Rudy Wellsand said...

I'm a Vet too, and while I ordinarily respect the rights of others, I refuse to respect those who decide to trample all over me.

That's what the military does! If we are being trampled on in any country, we just don't lie down and take it!

But, aside from the military, WHAT is Your Destiny? Do You KNOW where You are GOING?

ATHIESTS don't believe that there IS A GOD! AGNOSTICS believe that there IS A GOD, but do NOT BELIEVE in Jesus as Savior. There 'was' a time when I was in the AGNOSTIC camp. But then I wondered about my own Destiny in life. Where will I go? Can I change it?

DID YOU KNOW THAT YOU CAN ACTUALLY READ "CODES" RIGHT OUT OF YOUR OWN BIBLE, that "CONTROL" your Destiny!

See the "CHOSEN"Code and "COLOR"Code; VISIT:

http://quadcode.blogspot.com

Save or Print it to study.

Send it to all your Athiest 'friends!'

Your Comments are Welcomed.

HAVE A MUCH MORE "BRIGHTER" FUTURE!

Fred Slocombe said...

One can easily make predictions about one's own future if one lives within the limited framework of the subjective reality created by being raised within a religion that blocks out the rest of the world.